- Hawk silhouettes (unless multiple silhouettes are applied in a dense pattern)
- Single window decals
- Any visual markers or decals spaced too far apart
- Any visual markers or decals that have faded or washed off
- Treatments applied to the inside of windows
- Noise deterrents (never effective)
- Plastic owls (never effective)
Some of these strategies may help somewhat, some of the time, but wouldn’t you rather choose a treatment that is proven to work?
Safe Wings volunteers have found that the presence of a hawk silhouette or a handful of decals on a window is a sure sign that we will find dead birds at that building.